Mission of HKCGN
To strive towards excellence in the provision of quality services to the elderly people in Hong Kong.
- To enhance the knowledge and expertise in gerontological nursing.
- To promote the understanding, communications and welfare of the nurses working for the elderly in Hong Kong.
- To develop a local identity of gerontic nurses.
- To initiate and develop continuous gerontological nursing education and nursing research activities.
Philosophy of Gerontological Nursing
Gerontological Nursing is unique in the care of older adults: physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs.
It aims to work in partnership with older people and their family through good communication on all perspective of health
- By promoting an approach to nursing that is human, sensitive and caring, it can support each person in reaching optimum independence and self-care in daily living; and hence the ability to live a comfortable dignified and respectful life is sustained.